Shatter is a highly concentrated cannabis extract that gets its name from its brittle, glasslike consistency. Like other concentrates, it comes from butane extraction. Whatyou are left with is a highly potent product that users can inhale via dabbing.
People enjoy using shatter for many reasons, but the most popular reason is its highTHC content. Because it’s a super concentrated extract, it contains high levels of THC, the plant’s psychoactive ingredient. Most cannabis flowers contain up to 30 percent THC, which is considered to be on the high end of the spectrum. Shatter can contain up to 90 percent THC.
Because THC is the compound responsible for the high marijuana users experience, its high THC content means shatter users can get an incredible high with just a little bit of the product. In other words, it gets you really freakin high, really fast, with very little.
How to use Shatter:
Shatter can be used in many ways:
- Dabbing: Probably one of the most popular ways to use shatter is through dabbing. Dabbing is done by heating the shatter on a heated surface called a nail. Learn more about dabbing here
- Vaporizer: Often called a dab pen, vaporizers are made just like vape pens and ecigarettes, but they have been modified so the user can take one hit of marijuana concentrate. Compared to a traditional dabbing rig, many dab users prefer dab pens.
- Hash Pipe: You will need a pipe that is designed to work with extracts.
- Flower: You can mix in a small quantity of shatter to a joint, blunt or bowl.
- If you are new to cannabis, it’s best to start with a flower and learn your tolerance level before trying dabbing.
- Due to the super high levels of THC, start dabbing shatter in small quantities and work your way up to find your sweet spot.
- Don’t try making shatter yourself as the process is quite dangerous.
- Only buy extracts from a reputable source.
Experienced Cannabis users who are looking for additional ways to appreciate the psychoactive effects off the plant, would enjoy shatter. Like its extract counterparts, shatter will get you higher, and does so faster then just using flower itself.
When shopping for shatter, make sure you trust the source and know what you are getting in terms of potency and THC levels. Want to try shatter yourself? Visit our Shatter page at BudHub